Portal Home > Knowledgebase > Getting Started > Start Broadcasting From a PC
Start Broadcasting From a PC
Setup SimpleCast Encoder for SHOUTcast Server
After you set up a streaming server account you need to download any stream client for windows. Download SimpleCast Client for this tutorial
- Click on Encoders button in SimpleCast
- In the Encoders window click on the ‘+’ button (add encoder)
- Select MP3 and mp3PRO and Click OK
Note: You may use the legacy ACM MP3 encoder but it is not recommended. Configurations below for MP3 and mp3PRO encoder apply.
- MP3 (PRO) Encoder & Streamer Configuration
On the Converter tab
- Under Format select the format that matches what you purchased from your stream host provider such as http://streammonster.com
- Check Auto Start encoder after 5 Seconds
- Uncheck ‘Allow scripts in stream’. Note: This will cause problems with stream.
Server Details tab
- Enter Host in Server IP field
- Enter Port in Server Port field
- Enter password in password field
Station Details Tab
- Type in your Station Name
- Select the genre from the drop-down box or type in your own.
Note: you may type in more than one genre comma separated.
- Enter IRC Channel (optional)
- Check ‘List on public station listing (recommended)
Note: this will list your station at SHOUTcast.com
- Check ‘Enable title streaming’ and be sure that $combine$ is in the field below ‘Enable title streaming’ to display titles.
Your Encoder should now say ‘encoded (#) and streamed (#). Setup SHOUTcast Statistic Relay
Add to Favourites Print this Article
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution